Update on our family!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Long time no see...
I have felt so "blank" the past month that I haven't even come here to write! I didn't even come to write about the wonderful news of a NEW BABY on the way, because the wonderful news came with a lot of difficult days! My first pregnancy was not this hard! I'm not feeling extremely sick or nauseas or anything like that, but I did have a lot of surprises.
I wasn't very careful when I found out I was pregnant and got carried away clearing out a room full of heavy bags. Right afterwards I began feeling pain like something was happening in my uterus. It was a frightening experience to be lying down on my bed not knowing if something horrible was happening. I cried out to God so much not to loose the baby! I felt so horrible. I noticed I was bleeding a little bit and thought for sure I was having a miscarriage! Thankfully, Tiago was sleeping during all of this and the cleaning lady was at my house. She helped me so much and even prayed over the baby. Later at an emergency ultrasound I found out I had a chorioamniotic abruption, which means the amniotic sac abrupted from the uterine lining. There was a BIG blood clot right beside the amniotic sac, and I had to wait for it to be absorbed by my body. This meant partial bedrest until it got smaller. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law helped me so much during this period. But boy is it good to be back home and able to do things normally! I only started doing regular things again last week (3 weeks after the abruption), because it was finally when I started to feel like everything was ok in there! I had another accident this past week (brown discharge), had another ultrasound (the fifth!!) and found out the blood clot is very small now (for the first time) and the baby very big!! YAY!! I cried so much!!
The good news also came with new energy and disposition!! Along with the frustration of not being able to do anything (not even pick up Tiago) by myself, I had a few weeks of sooooo much lack of energy, mood swings, sleepiness, occasional nausea...I felt like a very old sick person! So I am soooo happy to be feeling myself again! It's NOT easy going through the beginning of pregnancy while having a toddler to take care of! "Lack of energy" with "too much energy" does not got well!!
ANYWAY! Now I am finally here to announce a beautiful thing God has done!! After going through so many trials with Tiago's accident, God gifted us not only with Tiago's amazing recovery, but with a special blessing: a NEW BABY! We are so excited and happy! Tiago and the baby will be 2 and half years apart, which is what we had planned. I did want to get pregnant earlier than this, but Marcos didn't, so we both decided 2 and half years was ideal, and God agreed! We were trying since June, but God decided to gift us with the baby only in september. He is sovereign. I don't think it would have been good if I had gotten pregnant before the accident! God knows.
On monday I will have another ultrasound (a scheduled one this time!!), and most docs here guess on the baby's gender at this point (by looking at the angle of the dangle). At Tiago's 12 week ultrasound the doctor said it was a 90% chance of being a boy! So I'm a little excited at maybe finding out this time too!
BOY or GIRL?????
1 comments:
so glad that the baby and you are doing much better! praise the Lord for His blessings!!! i am so happy for your sweet family. it is so neat that in Brazil you get to find out the gender that quickly. i guess there's still a chance it might be different, but that is so exciting! i can't wait to hear what they say. praying for you guys! take care.
Post a Comment