Worshiping God in The Desert
Monday, April 13, 2009
I just read my second book this year...I know, I'm trying to read more...but it's going slow...
Anyway, I read "Worshiping God in The Desert" ("A História de Uma Mãe e a Luta de Sua Filha") by Debora Kornfiel. I studied with Debby's daughter, Karis, whom she tells the story of in this book. She was born with a rare condition in which her intestines did not work and although was given only a few days to live many times during her life, today she's victoriously still alive (almost 26 years old)! Their lives have not been easy though, filled with pain, surgeries, transplants, being far away from family, etc. I cried many times while reading, sometimes because I could never imagine going through so much pain and suffering (imagining myself in Karis or Debby's place!) and sometimes because I was so moved by the miracle of God's sufficient grace helping them make it through another day. I was also deeply inspired by their strength and motivation to live each day and value each moment with friends and family, sometimes making so much sacrifice just to be home, or be with a friend or a family member. I have so much health and do not cherish life as much as Karis has cherished every single day she has had health and enough energy to live.
Thank you Jesus for your grace, for your strength made perfect in our weekness, for the hope that we have that You are and will always be enough! Please continue to work in Karis's life and her family's life, fulfilling your perfect purposes.
1 comments:
That sounds like a great book I want to read! I also noticed you have Shepherding A Child's Heart which is an incredible book! Tedd Tripp spoke at last year's homeschool conference. It was awesome!
Post a Comment