Powered by Blogger.

Home Sweet Home

 Monday, June 22, 2009

I just spent almost 4 weeks in California with my family and have so much to be thankful for!
I enjoyed spending time with my parents, Fi, Mandy, Lily and Caylin, Dani and Nathan! It's always so special to me when I can be with them! I got to hear amazing news that I will be an aunt for the 4th time, I'm so excited for my brother and Mandy! Children are a gift from the Lord!

I also got to see South Bay Church!! It was amazing to me to see all those people being impacted because of a few brave men who were not afraid but went after the dreams God put in their heart! Amazing to see how God made everything possible, from the smallest detail, and how this church is growing! I loved meeting people from the church and seeing all the potencial that they have as a church! It's exciting. This is something completely new to me...to see a church start like this! God spoke to my heart in many ways!

I had a wonderful time and am very thankful to be back home now! I missed Marcos so much!! I realized, too, that for the first time I actually enjoyed coming back home, not just because I missed Marcos, but because I love where I live. Every other time I came back it was so hard adjusting to the hectic life of São Paulo, the stress, etc. I was thinking about how much I love it here in Atibaia and being able to be a stay-at-home mom in such a beautiful place. But than I realized something...I am happy not just because of the circumstances of where I am, but because right now, I believe I am right where God wants me to be. We go through different phases of life; some seasons are of discomfort because God is moving in us to go to a different direction, some are of excitement because of God's new direction for our lives and some are of plain uncertainty. Discomfort can happen because God is urging us to make new decisions, driving us towards a big shift in our lives, maybe even stirring in us a courage to make a bold decision. We can be living in the gratest place ever and feel discontent because God has bigger plans, or we can be living in the worst place ever, doing mission in a poor and desolate land, but feel God's joy in serving Him! All I know is I always want to be in the greatest place on earth, God's will! I know that at the center of God's will for my life I will always find joy, peace and best of all...HIM.

So although I am loving where I am right now...I know that wherever God leads us is where I want to be...through His strength I will find peace and joy, no matter where. But thank you Lord for this season of my life, for guiding us here. Help us to live your purposes for our lives here with all the potential that You have given us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP