Thanksgiving
Thursday, November 27, 2008
It makes me sad that we don't have a tradition of a thanksgiving day here in Brazil, I will make sure to make one for my family though. It won't be today, since today Tiago and I are alone and we wouldn't be able to thanks-give as a family.
However, I thought I should stop and think about everything I'm thankful for this year. So here it goes:
- I am so incredibly thankful for the most amazing day of this year, January 9th, when our little baby boy came into the world. Words cannot explain how much joy Tiago has brought us!!
- I am so thankful that a few days later Marcos and I celebrated 3 years of marriage and now we're almost at 4! I can't believe all that God has done ever since the day I looked at him and thought "hmmm, he could be the one!" I'm so thankful to be sharing our lives together and for so much love God has poured in our hearts each new day! It's wonderful to be married to your best friend!
- I'm thankful for God's guidance in showing us what we should do when the time came for me to decide whether to go back to work or to stay with our baby. I'm so thankful for God's calling in my life to be a full time mommy right now, and that He made the possible and the impossible after we decided to take a step of faith. He is amazing!
- I'm so thankful God brought us to Atibaia! I love living here, it's like a dream come true and I'm enjoying every second of it. I know I might now stay here forever (have I ever stayed anywhere?) but I'm learning to just cherish each day, each sun, each singing bird...
- I'm thankful for my extended family...because they have so much unconditional love. It's so nice to have roots that go so deep and have so much love to give. I'm SO thankful that we'll be spending Christmas together this year!
- I'm thankful for God's grace! When I think of my life I think of so much I still want to become or do...I'm so not where I want to be spiritually...and I'm so thankful for God's grace, for his unconditional love, and that He doesn't give up on me so easily.
Lord, I am putting my hope in You and I know I will still worship you with all my soul. Please draw me near and make this next year a year of devotion and passion.
0 comments:
Post a Comment