Powered by Blogger.

Glory to God

 Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty
power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or
think." Ephesians 3:20

“You cannot serve both God and money. That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? ...Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? ...Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:24-34


Three months ago I was going through one of my biggest challenges as a mom (so far). I had this little baby, so tiny, so fragile, so promissing...and I was in love with him. Love is never easy. Love sometimes makes you hurt, and that is what I felt when it was time for me to leave my baby to return to work. Big doubts and a lot of distress filled my mind and heart. I prayed and fasted for I did not feel at peace. I felt like I could, in one big step, make the biggest mistake of my life. I feared taking the wrong step and missing out on God's plan, whatever it was. It wasn't a step I could take lightly, it had to be 100% through God's guidance, afterall, this was my baby, my son, my family, HIS family, HIS kingdom! God did not give me peace until a couple days before my first day back to work. After so many confusing weeks, where my heart could not manage to feel peace about going back, I made a big decision...leave it all to be full time mommy.

Just a pause...this is not a blog to convince anybody of anything...it's a blog about my own experience with God and His guidance in MY life. This is what He called ME to do.

The circumstances around me did not make it easy for me to decide. I had a good job, it was about to get better. I finally had an opportunity I had been waiting for for a few years. I knew that letting go could compromise my future, and even Tiago's future, since my job could give him free education, and a good one! If I let go now, I might not be able to get it back. But than again, why should this worry me? Who is king of my life, ruler of all things, He who guides the king's heart to wherever he pleases (prov.21:1)?
I also worried about our finances...what would we do? Things were a little difficult already, but they were about to become a lot easier! If I stopped, it would become even worse!
Money is a temptation. A big one. I think that's why God speaks of it so much in the Bible. He knows this is one of His big enemies...and yet, it's not. It's not money that is His enemy, money is amoral, it's our hearts deceitfulness towards money that is His rival. God knows that: "You cannot serve both God and money". We will, during our lifetime, come to many crossroads that will make us choose between one or the other, to either choose money, or to do God's will. Are we sensitive enough to God's voice to be able to hear it guide us the other way when one way leads to riches?

Than again, that doesn't mean we will lack what we need! Why do we have so little faith! God says that He "already knows all your needs" and "will give you everything you need" and you know what? He'll even give you more, if you're faithful with the little and if you bless others with it! So why do we worry...

Anyway, once my eyes could see the greater picture, I realized, through the help of a book Mandy gave me ("The Mission of Motherhood") that God was calling me for this greater mission right now! This is the most important job I could have at this moment, to be mommy to Tiago. God knows ME, He knows that what He has in store for our family will only be fully acomplished if I dedicate myself wholeheartedly. He knew that staying at home is how I could best be the mom and wife He desires of me. This is ME. I want to spend all my energy into guiding Tiago in God's ways, in making our home a sweet home, in being a dedicated and loving wife, without stress or hurry.

So three months later, here I am! God guided us to come to Atibaia. I am in love with being a mommy. And guess what? God provided. Marcos just accepted a new job that covers what we lost when I left mine. So right now, for this moment, we have everything we need, and more. May God be given glory through our family, our finances, our call. And may this remind us always that no matter how much we seem to be leaving behind when we follow God's voice, He always Has more in store for us. His love and His purposes are always more than the world's riches and pleasures.

AMEN!

3 comments:

Tati,  9:15 AM  

My dear friend,
May we always be sensitive to His will and voice and may our hearts rest in His Word and Promisses!
He is our goal and life, so may our lives reflect His glory (as wives, mothers and women).
Have a blessed day!
Love,
Tati

Mandy Santos,  10:58 AM  

Amen Tine!
You are a great example for many women. Often it's not until we start walking in faith that God blesses us with bigger things than we can imagine. I know that He will continue to bless you and your family. Continue to believe Him and He will show himself to you.
Love you,
Mandy

Anonymous,  12:25 PM  

Cris...fico muito feliz por vcs!!!
Deus é muito bom, ele nos dá tudo o que precisamos se entregarmos tudo a Ele. É muito bom poder ficar tranquila mesmo quando tudo parece estar fora do lugar.

Amei as fotinhos do Tiago, ele é muito lindo. A última foto, que ele está de regata é a coisa mais fofa, que vontade de apertar esses bracinhos tão branquinhos...hehehe

Saudades,
Dani ;-)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP