One Month!
Saturday, February 09, 2008
One Month
My baby is already 1 month old.
The way time flies now frightens me. He is still so small but I already miss this moment.
I can't seem to stop thinking about the past months. What an unforgettable part of my life. Tiago growing inside, trusting God with all of his formation, knowing that this life was dedicated to bring Him glory no matter how that may be. Waiting for God's timing, wondering how life was going to be when that timing came.
Than suddenly the big day, the moment we were waiting for so much. I think of all the people dedicated to bringing our baby into the world, so many wonderful angels who I wish I could express my gratitude to. I tried, but I still feel like it wasn't enough. My doctor, the nurses, the WONDERFUL anesthesiologist (I wonder if she knows how precious she is!) who even took pictures for us while we were too busy looking at our new baby; and of course, all of our family, peaking through the door somebody left open right after delivery, or far away praying that everything went well. I hope nobody got traumatized by seeing me suffer (I know mom and dad didn't like it very much) but you know what...in the end it's true what they say: we amazingly forget the pain (I didn't forget my thoughts during it) and I actually want to try it again next time! Go figure.
Only because this is so Godly, so divine, do we simply forget the pain and everything turns into an amazing memory.
I keep wondering why God chooses to bless us so much. I know, He loves us, and His love comes attached with grace. He let me go through pain, but He turned the pain into glory, like He does with everything!
I need to remember that when I feel insecure and afraid, after all, I have a baby who is so fragile, who needs so much caring and who I love with an amazing love that even frightens me. But God chose Him, God brought Him, He will take care of Him and see that His life brings glory to Him. That’s our prayer and our dedication to Him, that He will fulfill His purpose for Tiago’s life. I know He will, thanks to His grace!!
How amazing all of this is…it makes me humble.
1 comments:
You are such an amazing mother Tine! Love you.
Post a Comment