Psalms of Ascent
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Very special post to me!
No conference de mulheres que fui em Julho, a Beth Moore nos desafiou a lermos os Psalms of Ascent (nao sei como esta na Biblia em Portugues) e deu diversas instrucoes do que eramos para fazer. Eramos para comecar nosso tempo com Deus com o rosto no chao, em posicao de humildade e entrega a Deus, em oracao. Depois eramos para ler um Psalm of Ascent (estes salmos tem um significado muito bonito e muito profundo no contexto em que foram escritos e no significado que foram atribuidos na epoca) e escrever num journal o que Deus falara conosco, todo dia. A Beth Moore disse que Deus havia falado claramente a ela que Ele queria que fizessemos isso (todas nos 16,000 mulheres).
Hoje, quando olho pra tras e leio tudo o que Deus falou comigo, eu fico speechless. Em cada Salmo Deus falou muito ao meu coracao, muito mesmo. O que foi mais incrivel eh que conversando com outras amigas que foram ao conference, percebemos o quanto Deus estava falando com cada uma de maneira diferente, e muito claramente e especificamente, de acordo com o que Deus queria falar a cada. Como a Palavra de Deus eh viva.
Pra mim, os Psalms of Ascent (Salmos 120-134) foram celebracoes de tudo o que Deus tem feito nos ultimos 8 meses e promessas de tudo o que Ele fara.
I cried to God in my distress. He rescued me from society and its influences on my dreams and hopes! - Psalm 120
He promised me He will not let me stumble and fall, He is the one who has been rescuing me, and He will protect me from evil; He watches me as I come and as I go...whether I'm here, back home, wherever else! - Psalm 121
No conference de mulheres que fui em Julho, a Beth Moore nos desafiou a lermos os Psalms of Ascent (nao sei como esta na Biblia em Portugues) e deu diversas instrucoes do que eramos para fazer. Eramos para comecar nosso tempo com Deus com o rosto no chao, em posicao de humildade e entrega a Deus, em oracao. Depois eramos para ler um Psalm of Ascent (estes salmos tem um significado muito bonito e muito profundo no contexto em que foram escritos e no significado que foram atribuidos na epoca) e escrever num journal o que Deus falara conosco, todo dia. A Beth Moore disse que Deus havia falado claramente a ela que Ele queria que fizessemos isso (todas nos 16,000 mulheres).
Hoje, quando olho pra tras e leio tudo o que Deus falou comigo, eu fico speechless. Em cada Salmo Deus falou muito ao meu coracao, muito mesmo. O que foi mais incrivel eh que conversando com outras amigas que foram ao conference, percebemos o quanto Deus estava falando com cada uma de maneira diferente, e muito claramente e especificamente, de acordo com o que Deus queria falar a cada. Como a Palavra de Deus eh viva.
Pra mim, os Psalms of Ascent (Salmos 120-134) foram celebracoes de tudo o que Deus tem feito nos ultimos 8 meses e promessas de tudo o que Ele fara.
I cried to God in my distress. He rescued me from society and its influences on my dreams and hopes! - Psalm 120
He promised me He will not let me stumble and fall, He is the one who has been rescuing me, and He will protect me from evil; He watches me as I come and as I go...whether I'm here, back home, wherever else! - Psalm 121
You changed my world.
You drove a passion,
In my soul down deep,
Lord, to follow You in everything.
I don't want to go somewhere
If I know that You're not there,
'Cause I know that me without You is a lie.
And I don't want to walk that road,
Be a million miles from home,
Cause my heart needs to be where You are.
So I don't want to go,
Without Your touch,
Without Your love
Filling me like an ocean.
For Your grace is enough,Enough for me.
- Avalon
-
I will seek what is best for Your Kingdom, God. - Psalm 122
-
I want to keep asking, keep searching, keep watching You, listening to You, knowing your next move so I can be with You where You go. - Psalm 123
-
Jesus, You broke the trap! I am free!! You broke the "trap" me and Marcos were getting into, the "trap" of society, of the rush, the worldy view of things, the blinded eyes. You have shown more and more of Your greatness, Your power, Your majesty! You have opened our eyes. We were so lost, but You were there, watching, waiting, to break us free from our Satan's traps. - Psalm 124
-
From the darkness You called to life
All these broken hearts
All these blinded eyes
To see the glorious all-radiant Christ
Heaven's perfect light
We have been set free
We are no longer Your enemies
Saved from Your wrath
By the death of Your Son
Sin's power has been broken
- Billy Foote
-
"Those who trust in the Lord are as secure as Mount Zion." I need to trust You, keep my heart in tune with You. - Psalm 125
-
You are SO faithful Lord!! "Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy." - Psalm 126
-
God's will comes before money concerns. We shouldn't look at money to make our decisions. His ministry, His calling, first. - Psalm 127
-
Those who FEAR THE LORD (follow His ways), not those who work hard anxious to have food, will: be happy, enjoy fruit of their labor, have rich life, a fruitful wife, have vigorous and healthy children, and long life. - Psalm 128
-
The cords used by the ungodly to bind me have been broken, now I need to refuse to look at "my enemies" (my sins, my flesh, satan, demons, everything that tempts me) and "bless them in my life". They cannot bind me back! - Psalm 129
-
Lord help me learn to fear You! You "offer forgiveness so that we might learn to fear You". I want to fear loosing this peace, loosing track, being out of your will, being bound to sin. - Psalm 130
-
I need to be concerned about anything, I need to put my hope in You, and rest! - Psalm 131
-
It wont be easy to achieve a succesful and fruitfull marriage, but I (we), just like David, need to make a commitment to not give up, not discourage, until will achieve it. And this goes for everything else in life, ministry, spiritual growth, family. - Psalm 132
-
Thank You Lord for giving us functions and purposes in life to make us live in harmony and be blessed. Help me to live out your purpose! - Psalm 133
-
The Holy praise of a servant of God, serving Him in what and where God wants him to be = blesses God and is blessed by God. That's where I want to be! I want to praise You in my service, doing what you called me to do , where you called me to be! - Psalm 134
-
Wow...eh tudo o que eu posso dizer...olhando pra tras, escrevendo este pequeno resumo aqui, lembrando do quanto Deus falou comigo, o que Ele queria falar, o que Eu precisava escutar, exatamente para mim. A palavra de Deus eh poderosa, viva...
Thank you Jesus!
0 comments:
Post a Comment